Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 One Word

I made a resolution many years ago that I would no longer make resolutions. And dog-gone it- I'm sticking to it. Whether that contradicts itself at any level is lost in an ounce of careless-ness I possess because this practice has served me well since the turn of the new year in 2011.

Instead, I choose one word that I plan to propel me full-swing into the new year. This word serves as a little grand reminder of who I am at the start of the year and who I wish to become as the following December peeks its head around the corner.

Since starting this tradition, I have chosen the following words to give me that extra "OOMPH!" through the twelve month cycle-

2011-

For 2011, I chose the word Blossom. This year truly was a blossoming year for me. I entered my final year of college, met wonderful people, explored new places, turned 21, and learned numerable lessons about who I was and who I wanted to be. Like a flower blooms in spring, I saw myself bloom into a young woman.

 

 2012-


We Heart It
For 2012, I chose the word Inspire for multiple reasons. Put shortly, I wished to receive and reciprocate Inspiration of all and any kind. I was inspired to move to a new city, sign up for a new distance-race, and write new little tweedles. And I can only pray these actions, words and more inspired many of you!







For the year ahead, I already have so many plans to look forward to. Why, just next week I'll be competing in my first full marathon in Disney World! Trust me, my fingers were trembling when I clicked the "complete registration" button, but I wanted to dump the fear of failure in the past and finally conquer the dreaded 26.2!


And since this is how I will be starting my year off, I couldn't think of a better word to carry with me through 2013.  I pray this word will carry me through new friendships, relationships, adventures, and all opportunities. This year, I plan to will be...


PhotoCred

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive