Thursday, July 29, 2010

Charlie St. Cloud: Book Review

So I saw that blue eyed, brown haired boy staring at me from across the book shelf, and I thought, I HAVE to go for it...
No, I'm not talking about the guy behind the counter at Barnes and Noble, I'm talking about the cover of the newest Book-To-Be-Movie Sensation, "Charlie St. Cloud"


I will admit, Zac Efron has always been a heart-throb of mine, but the synopsis on the book jacket caught my eye just as fast. The story revolves around a young man in his upper twenties, still grieving from the death of his little brother, sadly brought upon by a drunk driver who had collided with the boys' car after a treasured Red Sox Game many years before.

Charlie works the cemetery by day in his small home town in Massachusetts. But by sunset, he meets with the spirit of his brother to play catch until day fades to night. A promise between brothers to be kept for the rest of Charlie's life.

But then, a beautiful sailor planning to sail across the world mysteriously ends up on shore and both find themselves destined to be into each others' lives... for very different reasons.

Charlie is faced with the decision that could make or break his way of life: Keep the promise to his brother and continue with the nightly ritual he has been a part of for over a decade, or find a reason behind the life he has forgotten he is living.

I highly recommend this book for anyone looking for a good summer read. If you just can't wait and you must see the movie before you can flip through the pages, I hope you may capture the magic and heart-fulfilling message that was poured out from author, Ben Sherwood.

Take it from this Girl: It's a Must Read!

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if you have seen the movie yet, which was wonderful btw. They didn't base it in Mass but in WA. I was a bit confused about that... I loved your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!! the move was good too though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I borrow it from you?! I am dying to read it!!

    (also I have had this comment typed for a few minutes but do not plan on hitting send until after I finish listening to Bruno Mars lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the biggest fan of zanessa,vanessa and zacJanuary 26, 2011 at 4:38 AM

    amu.te zac - i love u zac
    es o melhor actor do mundo - u are the best actor in the world!!!! <3333 xoxoxo to u and vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive