Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Year in Review

2012 was a much anticipated year...

A grand Noreaster, the Presidential Election, the end of the world... Well, at least two out of three occurred and we're still here to tell the tale...

For me, 2012 was a year of risk-taking. I graduated college a semester early in 2011 to open many doors that would lead me to the newest adventures life had to offer a college grad.

This year was an incredible journey. I moved to a new city with no plans but that of an apartment and a roommate, secured my first big-girl job, gained friendships, lost a few, and learned new things about myself that I didn't know before...

Like that I do indeed have a neat-freak inside of me that wishes for dusted windowsills and lemon-scented wood furniture. I have learned that in the next coming year, I need to control will-power to a stronger degree yet let my heart be vulnerable. I learned that while being independent is vital for the growth of self, it can alienate should it take control of how you steer around your relationships.

I've read a few good books, like "Once a Runner" by John L. Parker Jr. and of course a Nicholas Sparks favorite- "Safe Haven". I've stumbled upon music artists I can't believe I've lived 22 years without- Ed Sheeran and Peter Bradley Adams...

The list goes on and on. But one thing's for sure. I'm ready for this new year. Because with each passing day, we find new and exciting things and people that propel us closer to the individual we are supposed to become. Thank-you, Father time, for 2012 and all we've gathered and given away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive