Friday, January 27, 2012

Quick Cakes

Have you ever heard of The Cupcake Diet?

( PS- After I go to pastry school, I WILL learn how to make these... then devour them, starting with animal)



I hadn't either until I stumbled upon a recipe on Pinterest and it lead me to the website designated to helping women lose weight by keeping up with their cupcakes. (Insane Awesome, right?) I am going to try this new mentality with my own few tweaks. Like I said in a previous post, it's not about eating less, but rather eating right! It's also about moderation and self control.

So the basic jist of this thing is to make a batch of cupcakes. FULL FAT, FULL SUGAR CUPCAKES! No fat free cake mix, no sugar free splenda sweetened frosting. Do the whole 9 yards! Because these tasty treats are yours to enjoy!

But in exchange, they must be the ONLY dessert you have a day. So no cookie after lunch and a cupcake after dinner. No, you must learn the value of dessert, and appreciate your cupcake with all the love you would shed on a child (Ok... a little extreme, but we ARE talking cupcakes here!)

Since I am a sucker for peanut butter and chocolate, I said fare-thee-well for a month. JUST A MONTH, and made these quick and easy chai minis to have with a cup of decaf tea after dinner. I must say, I had my first one last night, and they were scrumptious!


(Use the 1 cup water, but steep with 2 black chai tea bags)
+
(Add 2 Tbs honey and stir until fully mixed)
+
(Garnish with nutmeg)

Voillaa! Now you can make your cuppycakes and eat them too!


3 comments:

  1. I am such a dessert lover. Sometimes I get to the point where I crave it after all my meals, even breakfast! That's when I know I have to detox and take a week or so off. It always makes me appreciate it more! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, dessert has always been my downfall! Sometimes I wake up craving sweets and my breakfast has as much nutrition as a piece of chocolate cake! Working on that detox now, glad I'm not the only one suffering from a sweet tooth (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best diet I've ever heard of! I don't normally do diets, but I could get used to this one :) I actually had a cupcake less than an hour ago...but I also had some chocolate after lunch, so it sounds like this would be perfect for me!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive