Friday, July 20, 2012

Summer Bucket List Update!

Does everyone remember my summer bucketlist I created back at the beginning of June? Well it's already nearing the tail-end of July and I thought I'd give a little update, considering I've completed some of the items on the list!

1. Compile 120+ Poems with illustrations for possible publication- In/P...
Look for a new poem with illustrations next week!

2. See The Hunger Games movie... FINALLY-
Ok, so the DVD comes out August, so until then, I will have to put this little number on hold.

3. Go to at least 2 different concerts
With my new job and moving to a new city, July has been a whirlwind. But having about a month and a half left of the summer season (I'm counting mid-september as still summer) I plan on securing tickets for some good shows!

4. Begin training for Disney half/marathon- STARTED! Jan 13

Yes, the training has begun! You can follow along (ahem, and by follow along, I mean join myself and friends in the race!) by looking at my training plan and signing up here!

5. Secure a big girl job – DONE! Started Jul 16 (Check Me Out!) and... AGAIN!

6. Reach over 30 followers for my blog- On The Wing
Still working on this- So if you have a gmail/blogger account, help a girl out!

7. Play on an organized sports team for a sport I never played as a child
This is in progress. But I'm looking forward to finding a volleyball, kickball, or flag football team ASAP!

8. Make an inspirational video and post it on Youtube
In progress... be on the lookout soon ;)

9. Visit baby sister in TN!

Cross this one off the list! I may not have made it all the way to TN, but I did make it out to see my friend Amanda, Danella, and Rachael in Asheville for a day of exploring, good food and hiking!



10. Make plans for a trip out of the country
This one will depend on the budget... But keeping my fingers crossed!

11. Find a new recipe for my favorite food
That's what this weekend is for! :)

12. Find a pen pal in a Spanish speaking country- Not a pen pal, but online friend from aiport.
Two weeks ago, I was stranded in the Dallas airport for 14 hours. I befriended a kind woman from Mexico who was having a hard time understanding the terminal updates and translated them into spanish. She may not be a "pen-pal" but we are for sure facebook friends and conversing regularly!

13. Eat an entire pint of Ben and Jerry’s and not feel guilty

14. Read two new books- In progress- Finished Nicholas Spark's Safe Haven-
Now I'm  looking for next book!



Any reccommendations?

15. Complete all 10 Seasons of Friends.- In progress- On season 7!

There you have it! Some things crossed off, others in progress. One thing's for sure, I'm having a great summer so far! I hope everyone out there is too...

Happy Weekending!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive