Monday, January 3, 2011

My One Word

Happy 2011 Everyone!
Sorry I went a little MIA in the past few days, just a lot of things going on that being able to get on the blog has been a little tougher than usual.

But I am excited to be back in the swing of things! So here we go...

First off, have you checked out these lovely ladies' blogs?
If you have, then you know just how wonderful they are! If not, head on over there as soon as you can! They are beautiful people with beautiful words (and pictures) to share with you
On both of their blogs, you can find earlier posts about the New Years and how they chose one word to focus on. By focusing on this one word, it will bring them a wonderful year to come. 
It got me thinking and after a day of pondering, I finally came upon my word in the aisles of good ol' Costco
Right above a group of colorful bouquets, I saw a sign that read:
"Beautiful Blossoms"
The word "Blossom" referring to the bright green bulbs bursting with small petals of oranges, pinks, and reds. 
"Blossom" kept spinning around in my head as we mazed between aisles
So I have decided, that is my word for this year.
In 2010, I grew a lot. I feel like I was a seed finally poking my head out of the dirt into the sun. I was able to learn by trying new things, becoming more involved in things I loved and forming the foundation I needed to flourish. But I am ready to take everything from last year and show everyone out there my true colors.
I'll be graduating in December this year. Do I know where I'll be then? Absolutely not. But I promise everyone out there I will do my best to Blossom into the confident, driven, successful woman I know I am seeking to become...

Now It's Your Turn...
What's Your Word?

3 comments:

  1. Mine is Delight. <3 Blossom is such a beautiful word. :) (and I follow both of their blogs :D )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your word Maxann it is beautiful and so fitting! Ben and I took a spontaneous trip to is parents house so i will write you back as soon as I can!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive