Friday, June 1, 2012

Hey It's Ok... I'm moving today!

Today is the day!! Moving day has finally arrived. I remember the day like it was yesterday. April 1st, posting a hypothetical facebook status "Anyone looking for a roommate in Charlotte?", getting an instant reply from a friend I met back in January, and signing a lease four days later.

For weeks I have been going to swingsets, running down trails, and walking at dusk- reflecting on my current life and anticipating this new adventure as part of my blooming adulthood... And now, I am on the road with a horse trailer filled with my life belongings. As excited as I am, I can't help but feel a bit stressed... maybe even a little nervous? Am I really heading to a new city with no plans, no jobs, and no agenda?


YUP! That would be oh so correct. But after visiting the city briefly (A total of 2 times and only for 24 hours each) and hours and hours of praying that God would lead me to a post-graduation destination, Charlotte NC was ringing a bell loud and clear.

Perhaps the hardest part of leaving is looking in my rearview to see a beautiful farm and my family that I love more than life itself. Their support and guidance, not only through this moving process, but for the last 22 years of my life just brings a tear to my eye. They are beyond wonderful and I couldn't have asked God for a more perfect image of his grace and humility than what I see from my mom, dad, and brother.

But on a lighter note, I leave you....

Oh Darling, It's Ok!
If you forgot that "You Got Mail" is your favorite Meg Ryan film because of the quirky grandmother comments and the nostaligia you reach when you hear that "*weeooohhh reeeowwwww* DINGA DINGA *Kaching!* You got mail!" sound in every scene.




CRED

Your BEST FRIENDS are named Monica, Chandler, Pheobe, Joey, Ross, and Rachel

Before looking up directions to your new apartment, you search the surrounding restaraunts to see where you'll be dining your first night in town.

If you place all of your stuffed animals in the back seat of your car for the moving trip and buckle them up. Hey! Safety first!


If you come across an old photo from your high school's senior prom and get a pain in your heart when you realize you miss an old friend so so much, even if you haven't kept in touch with them as much as you now wish you had...

Have a great weekend, lovelies! Next time I write you, I'll be in the Queen City!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive