Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Donut Named Desire


Sometimes the greatest gift is a morning of deep sleep, thick yawns, and grey skies outside of the window. Combine this with a short drive to downtown Wilmington, where the few people that are awake are crawling over the cement like ants, and a breakfast of rich chocolate-bacon donuts dipped in coffee interrupted only by the good conversation of a great friend...

That can only be described as bliss.

Another weekend in the beautiful beach town I once called home for three and a half years, I count my blessings. Celebrating an engagement this evening, I prepare to surround myself with good hearts, great food, and unforgettable memories. All I need is a silk ribbon to tie it all together and top it off with a bow.



Luke 12:15
And he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive