Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Life in my 20's, a mini-series

I may only be a low twenty-something...

but I have learned so much in the past year since I became (and passed) the double dos. Meeting new people, starting my life as a young professional, working 9-5 7a-5p five days a week, going to weddings, being in weddings, going to baby showers, and spending evenings alone in my solo bedroom apartment... all of which has occurred just in the past twelve months...

But with these new experiences comes knowledge, understanding, and perception... and a few new haircuts, additions to the closet, and injuries. Ironically, the latter is what I find to be of value above the rest, let's be honest.

But as I continue each and every day in this realm of twenty-something chaos, I wish to share a few of those lessons and realizations I have come to in order to remain sane (or try to) in many or most situations this chapter of life throws at each of us...

1. EAT THE ICE CREAM!
It is a proven medical fact that our metabolism is revving in our early twenties (and will continue on until we are near 30). And even if your metabolism is slower than molasses running down a tree in the middle of a freezing winter, EAT THE DANG ICE CREAM!
Diet, Shmiet- Be happy and enjoy the sweet taste of creamy goodness on occasion! And try every flavor! Life isn't about holding out, it's about holding on, and I'll gladly ask Ice Cream to join my side in the fight for sanity.

2. Chill with the 'Rents every chance you get!
They are the best friends that will can never leave your side. Even if they are the goofiest individuals to walk on this side of the nuthouse...

they are most likely the most loving, caring, responsible, and all around understanding people that will be a part of your life. And let's face it, they won't be here forever, so pick their brains, make jokes, learn about their past, and teach them what you've learned. They will listen, I promise- as will you!
 The two best friends I'll never be able to replace.

3. EXERCISE, FOOL!
This is pretty self explanatory- Before the achey joints set in, get off your rear and move! Take a walk, run, race with friends in awesome runs like the electric run or the color run! If nothing else, dance in your living room... Feel the music, jump up and down, sweat until you drip... Your body is in its prime for only a few more years, put it to use!


4. Don't worry about your "marital status."
Like I mentioned above, I have a large group of friends that are currently married, just got married, will be getting married, or are in serious relationships. Me, well... I couldn't be further from that chapter in my life. And that's OK! This is a great place to be in life if you still want to try new things and want to figure out where you're going. I don't know where I'll be in a year, HECK! I don't know where I'll be in a month- but I can tell you for sure that I am growing and learning about myself and what I am capable of in more ways than one.
 The kind of growth I could only experience if I did it myself- I am on a different path to a different destination than every other person on this planet (and guess what- so is the one person that has their path eventually intertwining with yours). So enjoy the scenery, take in the sights and smells-


You'll have so much to share and teach, experience and learn, when you meet the person that's being prepared to journey alongside you soon-


There is surely more that I've learned about my twenties, but I'll let these settle in until I dive in further. But if you don't agree with anything I have posted here today, please leave with one thing in mind....

EAT THE DANG ICE CREAM, People!

1 comment:

  1. so, so, SOOO agree with all of this. 100%

    isn't it a fun ride?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive