Monday, August 20, 2012

What a Weekend!

This weekend was such an incredible break from the busy life! Believe me, I would have liked to update OTW all of last week, but with 5 full days of work, marathon training in progress, cooking meals, and making the most of what available social life I have, I haven't made it to the blogosphere. My apologies...

But thank goodness this weekend let me explore a little outside of Charlotte with lovely people doing just what I love to do the most- Explore and Have Adventures!

The weekend started off with a 10k race up at The White Water Center. My first trail run (let alone first race since last year's turkey trot) I still wanted to get a sub 8min-mile pace going and get around 45 minutes. Although I didn't make my goal time, I still got first in my age division, third overall female, and I got to run next to some incredibly beautiful, God-driven people. Win-Win-Win in my book!

Next... I was off to Raleigh for some fun in the sun with friends...


No one told me about the death of our inflatable friend...

 Oh well... RIP- We still had a good day without him.
After swimming in the quarry until even prunes would be jealous of my fingers' state- it was time for tacos and rest before a little baseball! 
We headed downtown Durham for a Durham Bulls Game!
 
((And when you let these girls 'wander out for a beer', of course, we come back beer-less and faces painted!))

Topping off the night with a Dirty Shirley, inspired by my cousin and I's long love for Shirley Temples. Enjoying wonderful company in an exciting time in each of our lives was such an incomparable feeling! Best wishes to my cousin Kelsie as she starts HER big adventure next week heading to London for a few months!

Hope you all had a lovely, restful weekend! Here's to the next 5 days, minor speed bumps leading to where our next weekend adventure awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive