Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Remnant

Remnant:
(noun) A small remaining quantity of something.
(adj) remaining.


I am blessed to call Jen Griffin my friend. Through my church in Wilmington during my college career, I befriended Jen and her husband and grew so much as a person just from their influence in my life. They are two of the most talented, patient, and compassionate people I have ever met.

One of the many things that I admire most about Jen is her ability to craft ordinary materials and turn them into something extraordinary. And I don't mean pom poms and googly eyes (even though these two materials are fun and cute)... I mean an ability to take something that may seem irrelevant, disposable, and worn down- and turn it into a treasured item that someone somewhere can use each and every day of their busy life. 




Just recently I bought one of Jen's tote bags, part of her online Remnant collection, and I have been obsessed with its durability and versatility- let alone its beautiful design! I carry it to work, took it out for a dinner date, and even found it to be a good gym buddy. 

I urge anyone who hasn't seen Jen's work to rush over to see her designs on her Remnant page where you can browse and buy your favorites! I promise you will not be disappointed by what this incredible woman has to offer.

(Did I mention Jen does her own photography too? All of her photos can be seen on her blog and on her online storefront)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive