Thursday, April 5, 2012

On the Move...

Spring time is here, and that means it's time for cleaning, fresh starts, and adventures! Hooray for yard sales on every corner and consignment stores getting new items daily (By the truck-full!) Why am I this excited about cleaning out the house and finding bargain furniture? 
Well...Because this girl is moving back down south on June 1st!

Scouring Pinterest for bedding ideas and DIY decor, I am so so SO excited to get my bargain-shopping on! One thing that I LOVE about moving into a new space is the creativity I will be able to put forth into a new bedroom, especially the headboard. Remember when I redid my room back at home

I replaced the overhead space above my bed with shelves of lights, Boyds Bears, and photographs. But this time, I'm leaning more towards a simple, rustic feel... Much like these Pinterest finds-
 Previously working at a coffee shop, I hope to use left over burlap coffee bean sacks to overlay wooden pallets. Another great reason to dream of coffee and its infinite glory...
Plain pallets are EVERYWHERE around this farm, so they are accessible (ahemm... FREE!!) and the perfect size! Plus, they lend to endless possibilities for hanging Christmas lights in-between the slates for a cozier feel.
Just as easy as pallets, four or five basic wood slates, sanded down and glossed. Finish them with a spray painted word of wisdom to wake up to. Me? I like the "love" in this picture, but any word that suits my fancy upon completion can be substituted!

Alternating window shutters. A little harder to find, but once they have been located, a thin layer of paint (I'll be leaning towards natural tan and white instead of green) and then to hang at pillow tops. 
 

What is your favorite part of moving and re-decorating? Anything come to mind when you get those creative juices flowing and spring fever hits?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive