Monday, April 9, 2012

iABC

They say that you can really understand a person by the music they listen to...
I mean, think about it! When you're happy, you have a go to playlist, when you're feeling down- music is meant to comfort. Feeling excited and energized, bring on the techno beats! We all have those songs that remind us of specific memories (for me, this song reminds me of the many mornings my mom would drive me to the front doors of my highschool- She believed it would guarantee us all a lovely day ahead.)

My taste in music has definitely come a long way since my preteen years- I could tell by comparing songs from my first MP3 player (Which was a Dell, believe it or not!) to my current iPod.

I love learning about new artists, new styles of music, and simply sharing my own finds with friends and family. So I want to share with you my iABC's... Artists that make up the alphabet of my soundtrack...

A ugustana- Boston/Hey Now
B uble (...Michael Buble)- Crazy Love Album (Pure Magickk)
C oldplay- The Scientist, The Civil Wars (Dreamy)
D ave Matthews (cause they're just that frat-tastic) Also in the mix- The Decemberists
E rin McCarley- Pony, it's ok & Earth, Wind and Fire
F ray. Obviously. Florence & The Machine along with FUN, newcomers to the obsession...
G reen River Ordinance, Goo Goo Dolls, and Gavin D. Any Questions?
H erbie Hancock. Jazzy baby (May I suggest his accompaniment with Mr. John Mayer?)
I ron and Wine. Smooth and Classy as always.
J oshua Radin, John Mayer, & my main man, Justin Timberlake. Triple Threat, BOOM!
K illers. (and Ke$ha for some college reminiscing, of course.)
L ove Drug. No one else deserves to be mentioned in their presence in the L category, sorry all.
M atchbox Twenty, Maroon 5, Matt Wertz, Matt Nathanson, Mumford...
M IS the best letter, after all!
N eon Trees
O neRepublic, Our Lady Peace. Oh baby...
P arachute and Paul Simon. Classics
Q (anyone got a Q?)
R egina Spektor. Piano Ma'm
S afety Suit, Slightly Stoopid, Switchfoot, The Script, Sarah Bareilles (Should I keep going?) 
T hird Eye Blind (Cue 1998), Tracy Chapman (Fast Car), and OF COURSE- Train
U ndeserving
V an Morrison, Vertical Horizon (You're a God)
W ooden Birds
X-Zibit (I know, I'm a G- Pimp My Ride, SON!)
oung the Giant (You thought I was gonna say Young Money, didn't you?)
Z ac Brown Band- A little country can't hurt... can it?


Of course there are many, many more for each letter, but I tried to pick out some favorites. Look through your iPod, who are you listening to? Any of these match your favorites?
Ah, happy musical Monday! Go dance in the sunshine, would ya?!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh...my mom is obsessed with Neon Trees right now! I need to check them out obviously!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive