Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dog Backwards Spells G.O.D. (Thankful Thursdays)

This Thankful Thursday, I'd like to dedicate this post to a best Friend who we recently just lost...
My little Sadie Girl
Have you ever realized that DOG spelled backwards is GOD?
I know that God put dogs on this earth to do far more for us than just bark at the people passing by and beg for treats at the dinner table.
I firmly believe that Dogs are put here to offer us the tangible grace, forgiveness, compassion, love and friendship we may not fully comprehend otherwise.
I'll use my Sadie as this example:
We all know what puppies do when they are beginning to grow up. They tear things apart, scratch at the leather couch, leaving the floor like a mine of poop bombs, and chew on the legs of your furniture. Thus leaving us with new obligations to restore and fix the "mess they caused?"
Much like God... stick with me, I'll explain
 So we repremand them. We send them away to the corner with their tales between their legs. 
(Sound familiar? When times are hard and God presents us with situations that seem a mess or problematic, we curse it and push it aside until it is solved on our own rather than trying to understand why it happened to begin with)
But twenty minutes later, when we get bad news or when all we want to do is cry over losing a job, who is right there by your side, wagging their tail and offering comfort and compassion? We may turn our back on them when they do something we just don't understand, but through it all, they provide us with the forgiveness and compassion to realize how precious it is at the end of the day to have each other to love.
Sadie taught me so much more in her short but wonderful 11 years on this earth. 
She showed me that we must indulge in life's greatest yet simplest pleasures: Sitting under the shade in the grass on a summer day, hanging out the window to catch the wind blowing through her hair, and showering the ones you love with kisses upon their arrival back home 
(even after only being at the grocery store for ten minutes)
She'd love to jump in the car to just drive around town, hop in your lap to watch TV, and play catch through the yard with golf balls just for a tasty treat and a pat upon the head.

This Thankful Thursday, I'd like to send a special prayer, thanking God for the blessing that was Sadie in our lives. I have felt the grace of such a friendship that I know is irreplaceable. The love we have for her and the love she showed towards us is something that words just cannot explain. I thank you God for sending us this one single black fur ball to enrich our lives and helping this family to understand the importance of friendship and the everlasting bond that can only be found between a dog and their family.

To my Sadie Girl:
 Thanks for giving us your whole heart. You will never be forgotten as a beautiful gift of abounding love. We love and miss you so much

2 comments:

  1. So sweet, and I am sorry to hear about the loss of little Sadie. I'm glad she was able to give you 11 years though! Those are precious memories to have.

    I just noticed the quotes on the right side of your blog and I'm in love with all of them.<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadie looks like a real sweetie : )

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive