Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thankful Thursdays

I would like to dedicate Thursday's to someone or something special each week.
Someone or Something I'm Especially Thankful for...
(I may have gotten this initiative from Southern Hospitality and her brilliant, beautiful ideas)

Today, I want to tell my Dad
Dad, I am thankful for you!

Thankful for the Daddy Dinner Dates where I get to simply hear about your day and share about mine
(And know you'll always listen)

Thanks for being there for the important dates, I'll never forget


Thankful you have helped raise a happy, loving family for me to grow up in and forever cherish


Thanks for creating the standard of my future someone:
A Friend, Kind, Gentle, Hardworking, Caring (And a sense of Humor, of course) 

Thanks for those hugs you give that keep me warm and feeling safe

Thanks for being my hero, day in and day out

...And thanks for the icecream sundays late at night, texts just to say you miss me while I'm away at school, the good luck phone calls before I run a race, and pictures of 25ft snow storms
(Only you and I seem to really love those snowfalls)

Dad, I am so Thankful for You in My Life

Happy Thursday, Everyone

3 comments:

  1. This totally made me cry. I might be a little mad at you if I weren't going home to see my dad tomorrow. lol. Just Kidding. But it did make me tear up, such a sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet maxann! and I Looooove your blog its so cute, and this song playing Just the way you are melted my heart.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies. Praying you both have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive