Saturday, October 23, 2010

Cookies for You, Cookies for Me

My mom sent me something in the mail a while back that has changed my life...
Ok, not my life, but has opened many many doors in the kitchen for cookie consumers like myself



Taste of Home: Cookies
contains over 600 different kinds of cookies to bake including:
Sugar Cookies
Chocolate Cookies
Cookie Sandwiches with Icing Filling
Drizzle Cookies
Holiday Cookies...
((You get the picture))

Last night, I was feeling pretty tired from a fun day at the NC State Fair, so coffee was a must!
LUCKILY! I found this recipe for Coffee Shortbread cookies that is easy, delicious, and fun to decorate!



What You'll Need:
1 cup butter (melted, creamed)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tbs instant coffee
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, combine butter, sugars, and coffee granules. Gradually beat in flour and salt
2. On a floured surface, roll the dough to 1/4 -in thickness. Cut with cookie cutters of your choice
3. Place 2-in apart on un-greased cookie sheets. Bake at 300 degrees for 20 min. Let cool
4. Melt chocolate chips and drizzle with design



Hope These Satisfy That Sweet Tooth of Yours! 
Happy Saturday, Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. ohmyword.
    i want some!!
    They look soooo delicious
    <3
    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I didn't know there were so many types of cookies, but those sound delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive