Saturday, March 2, 2013

New Apartment, Saving Spring Break, and Still Gluten Free!

It seems that with the ever-churning wheels of adult-hood, this girl has been going full throttle since day one of work. I thought about what it would be like to pull the emergency brake and stop for a few days to breathe... and then responsibilities kicked me out of this daze and back into the drivers seat 
0 to 60...

This past weekend, I road tripped to Charleston (for the first time!) to celebrate my roommate's last "Fling before the Ring." I met amazing ladies, ate some delicious food, and got into too many adventures... wait... is there such a thing? I think not...





Yes, that is my roomie and I... 
and yes, those are lady mustaches we are sporting out in public...

But with all good times come an end and we found our way back to the real world this week full of work, bills, and cleaning. Unfortunately, my roommate came down with a silly sickness and we have been wishing her a quick recovery...

On the other side, I have been feverishly searching for my new home here in Charlotte, and thanks to some quick thinking and a nice lady in the front office of the apartment complex... I have found my new bachelor-ette pad. 

How I'll decorate it, I do not know. I'm about as clueless as a turtle in an airplane about what to do to put an entire apartment together. Kitchen appliances, bathroom extras, living room furniture-OH MY!

 All I can say is Thank Goodness for Pinterest! 
How I'll incorporate different elements such as seen above... beats me. But once the furniture moves and space is reserved... I'll figure it out. If you have any input for this new apartment dweller, please share!

Also... while I am out of college and far from a standard "Spring Break", I will be packing my bags for a long weekend trip down south for some sunshine coming up in the next week! 
 
Who said I'm too old for spring break? Oh no, not I, says the girl on the fly! 
 
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive