Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Word From Blake Lively


Just as the rain started to fall and the thunder boomed overhead, I was walking into Barnes and Noble to spend a lazy afternoon. Seeing the beautiful Blake Lively on the cover of Marie Claire, I picked it up to read her article about the new drama, Savages. But instead of ending the article with a desire to see the movie, I was struck by one of her statements in particular...

"I've been with very few people. If I'm not with somebody who really excites or inspires me, then I'd rather be by myself."



I believe this is a mindset that is hard for the current single ladies to accept- to think it's better to be alone than to be with someone else that doesn't make you a better version of yourself. But I fully agree and hope other women can too- Don't be afraid to ride solo to enjoy the peace and comfort of your own personal acceptance. The company will follow, and with the right one it most surely will be worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive