Friday, May 4, 2012

The Pain is Back

It's been a beautiful week here in the Mason Dixon state, but instead of running around to view all of the blooming flowers and green trees outlining the blue ridge, I have been sitting in my basement with a heating pad nursing my ailing spine.
When I was 8 years old and began the ever-going complaints of my back on the daily, my parents took me to see the doctor... only to have me diagnosed with Idiopathic scoliosis. When you're 8, the sound of something so terrifying as a long, unable-to-pronounce medical term can send you into the state of pure panic. Luckily, my mom sat me down later and told me it was only a minor curve, and would most likely not cause too much disruption in my daily life. Pain was expected to come in waves based on the intensity of activity, and could usually be healed with rest, heat, ice, and some easy stretches prescribed by my physical therapists.

Well, here I am. 14 years later and pure panic has dissolved into pure frustration. It's been over two years since I have taken this much time off of running, and the rest (although welcome the first four days or so) has allowed me to take slow walks through the sunshine and stretch like no ones business... I miss my sunrise 5 milers.


But with all injuries and ailments comes a period of restoration and healing. I just wish I was more patient... Oh well. Until this back pain shapes up and ships out, I will be enjoying the company of friends and family, eating LOTS of Guac for tomorrow's Cinco De Mayo celebrations, and working hard on the moving process (27 more days until the big move down south!!)

I have been obsessed with this song performed on Glee this week, and how fitting! Remember, it's hard to dance with the Devil on your back, so shake it out! Gonna be shakin' all weekend, hopefully he'll get lost by next week!




:) Happy Weekend, Wonderful Peoples!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive