Sunday, November 4, 2012

Adrift

Tell me what it feels like
to touch the sky at night
to control the stars and wind
and create dazzling light

Tell me what the wind says
when it whispers through the trees
What makes the leaves rustle like trembling lips
even in the slightest breeze

Can you tell me what it feels like
to know that you made the rain?
Your fingerprints make whispy clouds
adorned by color, crimson blood stains

Tell me, Lord, when you watch the sea church
across the horizon at the twilight hour-
Do you humble your visions like our elders
or reach your children with power

Can you tell me the truth about dreams-
the ones you pinch into our minds
or the rays of the moon that kiss our cheeks
as we slumber through loosely pulled blinds

What secrets do the lake tops keep?
Can they teach us their ways of placidity?
Even as you cripple their faces in the strongest storm
They manage to settle back to tranquility

Tell me the next time you give breath
to the swirling currents of the starry sea
Until then,please don't mind my staring
as your sky winks back at me.




2 comments:

Blog Archive