Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Whole Fam Damily! (&Cheesecake!)

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I am currently enjoying the summer-like temps and sunshine in Florida with family. The evenings have been somewhat surreal, being at 72 degrees and clear skies for sunset and then cool, clear skies for star gazing. 


I am so blessed to be where I am when I am- with most of my extended family in town from my dad's side of the tree. To celebrate a great family, us Kellers did the best way we know how- With lots and lots of food!

I'm not kidding, people! Fried chicken, coleslaw, hot dogs, cornbread, macaroni salad, baked beans, casseroles, fruit, and desserts! Little need to say, I went to bed stuffed higher than a Boyds Bear, and I couldn't have been happier. 

My contribution to the feast? Another Pinterest find (+ my own little addition) It was a hit! and I highly recommend making one of these babies for your next big occasion (Or just because your sweet tooth will love you in the end.)


Blueberry Kiwi Cheesecake
What You'll Need-
CHEESE CAKE-
1 (9 inch) pie tin (greased)
3/4 cup milk
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 eggs
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup Original Bisquick Mix
2 (8oz) Cream Cheese
___________________
TOPPING
1 Pkg Blueberries
1 Cup Water
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 Tbs Corn Starch (or flour)
1-3 Kiwi

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all Cheesecake ingredients (except Cream Cheese) into a blender. Blend for 15 seconds
3. Add cream cheese. Blend on lowest setting for 1-2 minutes, until creamy.
4. Pour into greased pie pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes
5. Place in fridge IMMEDIATELY- Cool for 4+ hours
6. In a medium saucepan, pour washed blueberries, water, and sugar. Bring to a light boil.
7. Add cornstarch (or flour) to thicken. Stir as it boils. Remove and place in fridge
8. After cake and berries cool, top with kiwi slivers and blueberry glaze.
9. DEVOUR! 

Happy Thursday, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive